Saturday, 6 April 2013

Day 3

66.78kg
It's Saturday.

Exercise
Weights: Chest and Triceps
Tricep Extensions (seated, barbell): 10kg / 12, 10, 8
Bench Press: 20kg / 10, 10, 9
Dips: 3 x 20
Push-ups: 3 x 15
Tricep Press: 10kg/ 12, 12, 12
Dumbbell fly: 5kg / 12, 12, 12

Food
Breakfast (9:30am)
1 black coffee
Porridge: Oats 1/4 cup + Water 3/4 cup + Almond milk (unsweetened) 1/8th cup (splash)
Why only half a serving? I figured I'd be snacking throughout the day so should keep to small servings.. This was a mistake! I was still hungry after my half bowl of porridge and had to find something else:

Puffed corn - 14g serve
Almond milk (unsweetened) - 200mL
This is a cereal I really enjoy - mostly because of the fresh flavours and coolness of the almond milk. It's fabulous with a seed and nut mix sprinkled on top and makes a great replacement of oats in muesli.

I was still hungry after waiting half an hour - solution? I needed some fat! I had contemplated a tbsp of coconut cream or handful of walnuts on my porridge and had stupidly decided against them.

165 calories

10am: 1 tsp Almond butter (100% crushed almonds)
hit the spot!

Morning Tea (10:30am)
1 cup black tea
2 Three-Ingredient Chocolates

139 calories (including almond butter)

Lunch (12:15pm)
Yes, I'm being lazy...
1/2 tin (200g) baked beans in tomato sauce
1 slice toast
1 can pepsi max

291 calories

Afternoon Tea (3pm - pre-workout)
1 cup black tea
1 crumpet
1 tsp honey - containing fructose! Should not have had.

(4:30pm - post-workout, pre-shift at work until 9pm)
1 slice toast + peanut butter
1 banana
2 dried apricots
(again - fructose! why?!)

+ 1 black coffee

Other Snacks
1 cup black tea
6 choccies
Mammi

457 calories (minus Mammi)

Total calories pre-dinner: 1,200

Dinner (9:30pm)
A spicy tomato left over meal

After Dinner (10pm)
Some naughty crumble and chocolate coconut cream.
Oops.

Q & A
Q: Weekends?
A: I have found that have a 36 hour period of eating less well once a week is manageable for continual weight loss (36 hours = Friday night + Saturday). I find this acts as a reward at the end of the week and keeps me motivated. It also takes into account celebrations etc. I'm trying not to do it this weekend because Easter has just ended, but I'll take it as it comes. This means that if you've got a big celebratory dinner during the week, this should be your 'relaxed day' instead of the weekend.
I usually don't count calories on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment